Known for their unparalleled safety features, great value and impressive European build quality, Volvo vehicles remain a popular choice for motorists in New Zealand. At Grimmer Motors, we aim to provide the best services and repairs for your Volvo. Whether it’s a basic oil change, or a more advanced repair, we can get your Volvo car or SUV running smoothly and reliably again in no time.
Common Volvo vehicles we service include the XC60 and XC90 SUVs, V40, and the S series of sedans. Regardless of the make, model and year, we can reliably find parts for all Volvo vehicles which meet or exceed manufacturer recommendations.
From regular oil changes to comprehensive inspections, we cover all aspects of routine servicing to keep your Volvo running smoothly on Hamilton’s roads.
Our experienced technicians are equipped to handle major repairs, addressing issues comprehensively to get your Volvo back on the road safely.
- Volvo Cambelt / Timing Belt Replacement
- Volvo Head Gasket Repair
- Volvo Engine Tuning
- Volvo Exhaust Repairs
- Volvo Water Pump Replacement
- Volvo Radiator Repairs
- Volvo Coolant / Fluid Top Up
- Volvo Thermostat Replacement
Electrical System Repairs:
Specialising in the intricate electrical systems of Volvo cars, we diagnose and resolve issues to ensure the optimal functioning of all electronic components.
- Volvo Spark Plug Replacement
- Volvo Drive Belt Replacement
- Volvo Battery Replacement
- Volvo Alternator Repairs & Replacement
Brake and Suspension Services:
Safety is paramount. Our specialised services for Volvo brakes and suspension systems address wear and tear, maintaining optimal performance and handling.
Advanced Volvo car and SUV diagnostics service in Hamilton
Does your Volvo car, truck or SUV have an issue that needs diagnosing? At Grimmer Motors, we can help. Our team of expert mechanics have years of experience in diagnosing, servicing, and repairing Volvo cars. Our advanced diagnostics equipment saves you time and money by allowing us to quickly find and repair issues. Common issues we’re able to diagnose and fix include:
- Poor fuel economy
- Excess smoke coming from the exhaust
- Slow or sluggish performance
- Poor engine operation
- Strange noises coming from your vehicle
Diagnosing and fixing these issues can lead to savings over time as you can prevent them from turning into bigger, more expensive issues.
Volvo servicing, maintenance and oil change
Routine maintenance is crucial to the longevity and performance of your Volvo vehicle. Our servicing includes oil changes, brake inspections, tyre rotations, and other essential checks to keep your vehicle in top shape. Servicing not only keeps your vehicle running smoothly. It greatly extends the life of your engine and other components while improving the overall reliability and safety of the vehicle.
Volvo maintenance schedule
Maintaining your Volvo is crucial for preserving its renowned safety, performance, and reliability. Follow our comprehensive maintenance schedule to keep your Volvo in optimal condition. Please note that this is a general guide, and specific recommendations may vary by model and year. Always refer to your Volvo owner’s manual for accurate information.
Every 10,000 Kilometers (6,000 Miles):
- Oil and Oil Filter Change: Regular oil changes are essential for engine health. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendation for the type of oil and oil filter suitable for your Volvo model.
- Tire Rotation: Rotate your tires regularly to ensure even wear and extend their lifespan. This contributes to better handling and fuel efficiency.
- Brake Inspection: Regularly check the condition of your brake pads, rotors, and brake fluid. Replace worn-out components to ensure your brakes are in good working order.
Every 20,000 Kilometers (12,000 Miles):
- Air Filter Replacement: Replace the engine air filter to maintain optimal fuel efficiency and engine performance.
- Coolant Flush: The coolant in your Volvo should be flushed and replaced according to the manufacturer’s recommendations to prevent overheating and corrosion.
- Transmission Fluid Check: Check the transmission fluid level and condition. Some vehicles may require a transmission fluid change at this interval.
Every 40,000 Kilometers (25,000 Miles):
- Timing Belt Inspection: Inspect the timing belt for signs of wear. Replace if necessary. Some Volvo models may have a timing chain, so consult your owner’s manual for specific recommendations.
- Fuel System Cleaning: Consider having the fuel system cleaned to remove deposits and maintain optimal fuel efficiency.
- Suspension and Steering Inspection: Inspect the suspension components and steering system for wear and damage. Replace any worn-out parts to ensure a smooth ride and proper handling.
Every 80,000 Kilometers (50,000 Miles):
- Spark Plug Replacement: Replace spark plugs as recommended by the manufacturer to maintain proper combustion and fuel efficiency.
- Drive Belt Inspection and Replacement: Check the condition of drive belts and replace them if necessary. This includes the serpentine belt and timing belt.
- Transmission Service: Some Volvo models may require transmission service, including fluid replacement and filter changes.
Remember, these are general guidelines, and your specific Volvo model may have variations in its maintenance schedule.
Why choose us?
- Customer satisfaction – Since our workshop opened in 1934, we’ve worked hard to build a positive reputation and keep our customers happy. We achieve this through
- Competitive, transparent pricing
- Reliable, high-quality repairs that last the test of time
- Friendly experts who can clearly explain problems to customers
- A state of the art workshop with premium diagnostic technology
- Free WiFi and complimentary tea or coffee
- 24/7 security – You can trust that your car is safe when you leave it at Grimmer Motors. Our premises have 24-hour camera monitoring and alarms, keeping your vehicle secure.
- Courtesy cars – At Grimmer Motors, it’s easy to book a courtesy car so that you can get on with your day while your car is being repaired.