Advanced Diagnostic Tests for Your Vehicle
Grimmer Motors have developed an electronic tool that allows the user to generate detailed reports about your vehicle. This equipment is used by several well-known companies such as AA and VINZ (Vehicle Inspections New Zealand).
We use advanced code reading technology to quickly and effectively diagnose your car, saving you time and hassle. When your vehicle is scanned, the results are saved to our database to ensure that in the future, we can cater our servicing techniques to your vehicle’s history.
Our scans can then generate a detailed report of your vehicle’s status. This report compares your car’s health to many similar vehicles in our database, giving you the most accurate vehicle health report available.
Benefits of our diagnostic services:
- We can quickly and easily diagnose dashboard warnings – When a warning lights like the Check Engine light) appears on your dashboard, a fault code is stored in the car’s computer. Our tools can read these codes and use them to determine what is causing the issue
- Improve fuel economy and performance – Our diagnostic tools can monitor your car’s engine in real-time. This helps us to detect when certain parts of the engine aren’t operating correctly. We can then take the necessary steps to fix the issue. This is especially helpful if you are having misfires, poor fuel economy, or rough/poor engine performance.
- Fast diagnostics = faster and cheaper repairs – Our diagnostics tools allow us to find issues quickly. This also means you can get your car back on the road quicker.
Main Diagnostic Tools
- Rennacs Scan Tool
- Rennacs Relative Compression / Battery / Alternator Tester
- Rennacs Idle Cylinder Balance Tester
- Rennacs Live Data Analysis System
Other Scan Tools
- Hanatech Scan Tool with 4 channel Digital Oscilloscope
- Hanatech Scan Tool
- Carman Lite
- Tech 2
- MUT – Mitsubishi
- Snap On
- Auto Data
- Pico Scope 4 Channel Digital Oscilloscope
- Wide Band Exhaust Sensor
- Conductance Battery Tester
- Carbon Pile Battery Tester
- Electronic Vacuum Gauge
- Electronic Exhaust Pressure Gauge
- Electronic Timing Lights
Conveniently located in Fairfield, Grimmer Motors have been providing quality service to Hamilton since the company was established in 1934. When you receive diagnostic services through Grimmer Motors, you can trust our fully qualified mechanics to safely and efficiently inspect your vehicle, advising you before further repair work is conducted.
Live/work in any of the following areas? Grimmer Motors could be extra convenient for you.
- Fairview Downs
- Hamilton East
- Central Hamilton
- Forest Lake, Beerescourt