Why is Radiator / Cooling System Health Important?
The cooling system is responsible for keeping your car’s engine running at an optimal temperature. This reduces the risk of overheating and permanent engine damage. Ensuring the cooling system is working correctly will keep your car running healthily. It will also prevent you from needing to pay an expensive engine repair/replacement bill.
Your cooling system consists of a number of core parts including:
- Engine radiator
- Radiator cap
- Coolant (water) and antifreeze
- Coolant temperature sensors
- Frost plugs
- Rubber hoses
- Heater assembly
- Engine thermostat
- Water pump
- Drive belts
Deterioration or damage to anyone of these critical parts and systems could cause your engine to underperform, causing excessive fuel consumption and emissions. It could also cause damage to key exhaust components such as the expensive catalytic converter and worse of all could destroy your engine through overheating.
Signs of Radiator and Cooling System Problems:
- Overheating: One of the most obvious signs is the engine temperature gauge consistently showing higher-than-normal temperatures or a warning light indicating overheating.
- Coolant Leaks: Puddles or spots of bright-colored coolant (usually green or orange) under the vehicle after it has been parked can indicate a coolant leak. Check for leaks around the radiator, hoses, and connections.
- Low Coolant Level: If you frequently find yourself needing to top up the coolant in the reservoir, it may indicate a leak or evaporation due to a faulty radiator cap.
- Discolored Coolant: Healthy coolant is typically bright in color. If you notice a change in color, such as brown or rusty coolant, it may suggest contamination or corrosion within the cooling system.
- Steam or Smoke: Steam rising from the engine compartment is a clear sign of overheating. If you see smoke, it could indicate a coolant leak onto hot engine components.
We Offer Cooling System & Radiator Services in Hamilton.
Grimmer Motors provides efficient, reliable cooling system fixes to get your car running healthily again. Some of the main reasons for cooling system damage include:
- Leaking in the radiator.
- Damaged or worn hoses.
- Stale coolant (in need of replacement).
- A damaged radiator cap.
- The car’s thermostat not working properly.
Regardless of the problem, our team of experienced mechanics can organise for the repair of your vehicle. We can fix leaks, get your car’s temperature back to normal, perform a cooling system flush and rid the vehicle of any dashboard warnings.
We can Quickly Diagnose Radiator and Cooling System Problems.
Grimmer Motors use the latest state of the art electronic tools and infrared measuring technology to diagnose any cooling system or radiator related faults. As a result of this, you will be able to take action before these faults cause more damage to your car. You can trust our experienced, qualified and skilled mechanics will get the diagnosis and fix right the first time.
Grimmer Motors offers FREE diagnostic testing (worth $90) on all services over $49. You can find out more about our diagnostic services here.
Conveniently located in Fairfield, Grimmer Motors have been providing quality service to Hamilton since the company was established in 1934. When you receive cooling system servicing, flushing or replacement through Grimmer Motors, you can trust our fully qualified mechanics to safely and efficiently service your vehicle, advising you before further work is conducted.
Live/work in any of the following areas? Grimmer Motors could be extra convenient for you.Fairfield
- Fairview Downs
- Hamilton East
- Central Hamilton
- Forest Lake, Beerescourt