Grimmer Motors – Reliable Head Gasket Services & Replacement in Hamilton
A damaged head gasket can cause a lot of damage to your vehicle’s engine, especially if it is not attended to for a prolonged period of time. At Grimmer Motors, we use the latest electronic technology to quickly detect and diagnose engine head gasket problems. Our team of trained mechanics will then replace your car’s head gasket before it causes more damage to your vehicle.
At Grimmer Motors, we understand the stress our customers feel, especially in the instance of a blown head gasket. We aim to make replacement processes as simple and stress-free as possible. Grimmer Motors offers competitive pricing for new head gaskets. Book your appointment now to get your vehicle fixed by skilled, honest mechanics.
What is a Head Gasket?
A head gasket is an important engine component that stops oil and coolant from entering your vehicle’s combustion chambers. It achieves this by forming a seal between your engine block and the cylinder head. Sometimes a head gasket can leak, causing serious problems for vehicles. This can be caused by an overheating engine or improper gasket installation.
Blown head gaskets can cause serious damage to your vehicle and cost a lot to fix. Therefore it is best to get your vehicle serviced and fixed immediately if you suspect there is an issue.
What are the Symptoms of a Blown Head Gasket?
Here are some of the most common symptoms of a blown head gasket:
- Overheating: A blown head gasket can cause engine coolant to leak out, which can lead to overheating. If your car is overheating frequently or the temperature gauge is reading high, it could be a sign of a blown head gasket.
- White smoke coming from the exhaust: When coolant leaks into the combustion chamber, it can cause white smoke to come out of the exhaust pipe. This is a clear sign of a blown head gasket and should be addressed as soon as possible.
- Loss of engine power: A blown head gasket can cause a loss of power and acceleration, as the engine is no longer operating at peak performance.
- Milky oil: If there is coolant leaking into the engine, it can mix with the engine oil and create a milky or frothy substance. This is a clear sign of a blown head gasket and should be addressed immediately to avoid further engine damage.
- Poor engine performance: A blown head gasket can cause the engine to run poorly, with rough idling or hesitation during acceleration.
- Coolant leaks: A blown head gasket can cause engine coolant to leak out and create puddles under the car. If you notice coolant leaking from your car, it’s important to have it inspected by a mechanic.
Blown Head Gasket? Contact Us.
Ignoring a blown head gasket can lead to further engine damage and potentially costly repairs. Bring your car to us and we’ll get your head gasket issues sorted.
Grimmer Motors is your one-stop auto repair shop for all your vehicle’s problems. We are happy to give you honest, reliable advice on head gasket servicing and replacement. For reliable engine services in Hamilton, contact us today.
Live/work in any of the following areas? Grimmer Motors could be extra convenient for you.
- Fairview Downs
- Hamilton East
- Central Hamilton
- Forest Lake, Beerescourt