About towbar installation:
A towbar is an essential accessory for any car owner who needs to tow a trailer or other type of vehicle. It allows you to safely and securely attach a trailer to your car, making it easy to transport cargo, boats, or even other cars. However, installing a towbar can be a tricky and complicated task, which is why many car owners choose to have it installed by a professional.
At our auto repair shop, we offer professional car towbar installation services. Our team of experienced mechanics is trained to properly install towbars on all types of vehicles, providing they are compatible with towbars and have the necessary power to tow a load.
An important part of installing a towbar is ensuring that your towbar is installed correctly and your vehicle is running safely. At Grimmer Motors, we take extra care to ensure the towbar is secure and functioning properly.
Our towbar installation service includes:
- A thorough assessment of your vehicle to determine the best type of towbar for your needs
- High-quality towbar and any necessary hardware
- Professional installation
It’s important to note that not all cars are equipped to handle the weight and strain of towing, and not all towbars are suitable for every vehicle. That’s why it’s important to have a professional mechanic assess your vehicle and determine the best type of towbar for your needs.
In the event of towbar damage or problems that cause your car to fail its Warrant of Fitness, the towbar may need to be replaced. A replacement towbar will allow for improved safety when towing heavy loads.
Causes of towbar damage:
- Towball not securely attached – In some cases, the towball (or towbar coupling) can come loose from your towing assembly due to parts not being attached to the car’s body correctly. This can be a huge safety hazard, especially if you are regularly using the towbar.
- Corrosion – Although the towbar is a reliable and robust piece of steel, it can be prone to corrosion over time. This can cause parts to become loose, fail or fall off.
- Missing bolts/nuts – A bolt or nut may fall off of your towbar assembly if it is corroded or not attached properly.
Towbar repairs, replacement and installation in Hamilton
Is your car’s towing assembly in need of a repair? If so, we can help!
At Grimmer Motors, our team of experienced mechanics can assist in a variety of towbar-related repairs. whether its replacing nuts/bolts, cleaning the towbar or performing a full towbar replacement/installation, we are happy to help.
For new towbars in Hamilton, contact Grimmer Motors today!
Please Note – we don’t generally stock or supply just “parts only” for this service. We are a general automotive repair workshop. If you are able to bring your vehicle to us, we can diagnose the problem, find and fit the necessary parts, or organise the appropriate service for you.