Advanced Car Battery Testing:
At Grimmer Motors we use the very latest, advanced electronic testing tools to check the status of your car battery, so that you have peace of mind. These tools will determine if your car’s battery is the source of any issues. If it is not, we can examine your vehicle’s charging system for any faults, advising you before any repairs are made.
Our partnership with Rennacs Limited (New Zealand’s leading vehicle diagnostic tool developers) allows us to quickly diagnose faults in your vehicle through our advanced diagnostic systems. This software allows us to check the health of your battery as well as track your engine health over time. Where possible, you will get a full printout of your vehicles battery health. If you request it when booking in, an electronic battery test can come free with any purchase over $49.
Signs that your car’s battery needs replacement:
- Old age: Most car batteries last between three to five years. If your battery is more than three years old, it’s a good idea to have it checked regularly and consider replacing it.
- Slow engine cranking: If your engine is slow to start or the cranking sounds weak, it may be a sign that your battery is losing its ability to hold a charge.
- Battery warning light: Most cars have a warning light on the dashboard that indicates a problem with the battery. If the light stays on after starting the engine, it may be time to replace your battery.
- Corroded terminals: Corrosion on the battery terminals can cause poor electrical connections and affect the battery’s ability to charge. If you notice corrosion on the battery terminals, it’s time to have them cleaned or replaced.
Car battery terminal cleaning in Hamilton
- Electrical issues: A weak battery can cause electrical problems such as dim headlights, flickering interior lights, or a malfunctioning radio.
- Swollen or bloated battery case: A swollen or bloated battery case can be a sign of overheating and can cause damage to your car’s electrical system. If you notice any swelling or bloating, it’s time to replace your battery.
[section background_image=”” text_color=”#000000″ background_color=”#c8f5c4″]
Car Battery Recycling
At Grimmer Motors, we recycle all old car batteries and scrap metal. The proceeds we make are then used to aid in the planting of native trees around Hamilton through a New Zealand charity called Trees for Survival.
Trees for Survival is an environmental education programme that encourages and teaches young people how to grow native trees while they are at school. The native trees are then planted in local areas. As well as increasing the number of native trees in New Zealand, this also gives our youth the necessary skills to plant more trees in the future and improve our environment.
When you have your battery replaced through Grimmer Motors, you can be assured that your old battery is being recycled correctly. Additionally, you can donate an old car battery and fund the planting of 2-3 native trees in the Waikato region.
Car Battery Replacement & Services in Hamilton
At Grimmer Motors, our team of skilled mechanics offer high-quality batteries (Exide Endurance batteries) for your car, regardless of its make and model. These car batteries provide reliable, high-quality performance to keep your vehicle running in all conditions. Additionally, these batteries have AP9 additive and calcium technology to maximise performance and power.
We currently offer:
- Car battery testing (using the latest technology)
- New car batteries
- Repair and diagnosis for your vehicle’s charging system.
All our batteries come with a Free Warranty which will typically last between 18 and 30 months depending on the type of battery your car requires. This warranty covers all manufacturer-related faults throughout the period.
For reliable car battery replacement in Hamilton, contact Grimmer Motors today.