There’s nothing more annoying than windscreen wipers that leave marks and smears all over your windscreen. The marks on your windscreen can limit your vision of the road and make driving difficult. Fortunately, this problem is often cheap and easy to fix.
Worn out windscreen wipers
The most common reason for wipers leaving marks on your windscreen is that they are worn and due for replacement. For maximum safety, we suggest that you replace them at least once every year.
Common signs of worn wiper blades include:
- Marks on your windscreen.
- Scraping noises when the wipers are in motion.
- Splitting of the rubber blade.
- Mold / dirt in wiper blades
Dirt particles on your wipers
Contaminants such as dirt, sand, mud and leaves can become stuck on your wipers. When these contaminants mix with water, they can leave large, dirty marks on your windscreen.
To resolve this problem, give your wipers and windscreen a good clean, removing anything that is stuck beneath your wipers.
Wipers are incorrectly placed or aligned
If the wipers are not aligned correctly on the windshield, they can leave marks or streaks as they move back and forth. If there is something obstructing the wipers, such as a small piece of debris or a sticker, it can cause the wipers to leave marks or streaks on the windshield.
Wipers Making Loud Noises
Your wiper blades may be producing squeaking, juddering or scratching sounds. Causes of a loud wiper assembly include:
- Worn wiper blades – if the windscreen wipers are over six months old, have them replaced.
- Loose wiper assembly – The wipers may be producing noise because they are in need of tightening.
- Lack of moisture on windscreen – the wipers move a lot more smoothly when lubricated. Squirt wiper fluid onto your windscreen during hot, dry weather.
- Windscreen in need of cleaning – Give your windscreen regular cleans to remove any grime build-ups. These can cause interference.
Windscreen Wiper Repair in Hamilton
A clean windscreen allows you to clearly see what’s in front of you, especially in winter.At Grimmer Motors, we are happy to diagnose and repair any windscreen wiper related problems, improving the overall safety of your vehicle. We can also make sure your windscreen wipers don’t produce any annoying noise while you are using them.
For all wiper-related problems, contact Grimmer Motors today!