About wheel alignment:
Wheel alignment allows for longer lasting tyres, proper tyre performance, improved fuel economy and improved handling of your car. When a wheel is aligned, the angles of the wheels are adjusted to match the correct specifications. This keeps the wheel straight while you are driving and decreased tyre wear.
The alignment of your wheel can be affected by something as little as hitting a pothole or driving over a kerb. It can also be caused by problems with your car’s suspension. If you notice your car pulling to one side, it may be time to have your alignment tested and fixed.
A wheel alignment is often recommended when you get a tyre replacement. This allows it will last the maximum amount of time.
Benefits of getting a wheel alignment:
- Improved handling and stability: A wheel alignment ensures that the wheels are properly aligned with each other and the road, which can improve handling and stability on the road. This can help to reduce the risk of accidents and make driving more comfortable.
- Enhanced tyre life: When wheels are not aligned, they can cause excessive wear on tyres, resulting in a need for frequent replacements. A proper wheel alignment can extend the life of your tyres by reducing wear and tear.
- Increased fuel efficiency: Misaligned wheels can cause your vehicle to work harder and consume more fuel. A proper wheel alignment can help improve fuel efficiency, reducing fuel costs and minimizing your carbon footprint.
- Improved handling and smoother driving: A wheel alignment can improve your vehicle’s handling and stability, which can result in a smoother and more comfortable ride.
Symptoms of wheels in need of alignment:
- Increased tyre wear – Even the smallest misalignment can greatly affect the wear on your tyres. If your wheels aren’t aligned correctly, you may find that the tread depth of your tyre is rapidly decreasing. If the tread depth falls below 1.5mm on parts of your tyre, your car will fail its next Warrant of Fitness.
Tyre Warrant of Fitness requirements >
- Car pulling to left or right – An incorrectly aligned wheel will cause your car to pull to the left or right while you are driving. This can affect the safety of your car and increase the risk of collisions.
- Crooked steering wheel – If your wheels aren’t aligned properly, your steering wheel may sit at an incorrect angle when you are driving straight.
- Noise from tyres – You may notice a excess noise coming from your car’s tyres. while you are driving
Wheel / Tyre Alignment in Hamilton
Are your wheels in need of an alignment? If so, we can help!
At Grimmer Motors, our experienced, friendly mechanics can organise a wheel alignment on your car. This will allow for improved handling and control of your vehicle. We can also diagnose and repair suspension-related issues that are causing your car’s wheels to become unaligned.
For wheel alignment services in Hamilton, contact Grimmer Motors today!
Please Note – We are a general automotive repair workshop. If you are able to bring your vehicle to us, we can diagnose the problem, find and fit the necessary parts, or organise the appropriate service for you.