What does the engine oil pump do?
The engine oil pump is an important part of your car’s internal combustion engine, responsible for circulating oil throughout the engine. It helps to lubricate the engine’s moving parts, reducing friction and wear.
The engine oil pump is usually located by the oil pan, and is driven by the engine’s crankshaft. It pulls oil from the oil pan and pumps it through the oil filter and into the engine. The oil then circulates through the engine, lubricating the crankshaft, camshaft, valves, and other moving parts.
The oil pump also helps to cool the engine by carrying heat away from hot components, and it helps to clean the engine by removing contaminants and debris from the oil.
Although engine oil pumps are meant to last the life of your car, issues can still occur. When this happens, your car engine oil pump will need to be replaced in order to restore proper engine oil flow. The engine oil pump is usually located inside the lower part of the engine, below or next to the crankshaft. This means that it is often difficult to replace yourself.
Symptoms of a faulty engine oil pump:
- Low oil pressure: If the engine oil pump is not functioning properly, it may not be able to maintain proper oil pressure, leading to low oil pressure readings on the gauge or warning light.
- Engine noise: A faulty oil pump can cause the engine to make ticking, knocking, or tapping noises, especially when the engine is under load.
- Engine damage: If the oil pump fails completely, it can cause the engine to seize, resulting in serious engine damage.
- Engine warning light: A faulty oil pump can cause the engine warning light to come on, indicating a problem with the oil system.
- Engine overheating: A faulty oil pump can cause the engine to overheat, as it may not be able to circulate oil properly to cool the engine.
It’s important to address any symptoms of a faulty engine oil pump as soon as possible, as a failing oil pump can cause serious engine damage. If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s best to have your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic as soon as possible.
Car Engine Oil Pump Replacement in Hamilton
Is your car’s engine oil pump in need of a replacement? If so, we can help!
If you’re experiencing symptoms of a faulty engine oil pump, such as low oil pressure, engine noise, engine warning lights, or engine overheating, it’s time to consider having your engine oil pump replaced. At Grimmer Motors, we offer high-quality engine oil pump replacement services, using only the best parts and components.
Our experienced mechanics have the skills and knowledge necessary to diagnose the problem and replace the engine oil pump quickly and efficiently. We understand the importance of a functioning oil pump, and we take pride in delivering the highest quality services and results.
Don’t wait until it’s too late and risk serious engine damage. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for engine oil pump replacement. Our team can help keep your car running smoothly and efficiently.