Do your Tyres need to be Replaced?
It is important to occasionally check the status of your tyres (including the spare). When necessary, you should replace your tyres in order to improve vehicle safety.
Low Tread Depth
Tread depth is measured using the grooves located around your tyre. A healthy tread depth improves the grip of your tyres, reducing the chance of you losing traction. Tyres need to be replaced when their tread depth falls below legal requirement of 1.5mm. If they aren’t replaced, you may not be able to pass your next WoF. Your vehicle will also become slippery and dangerous to drive.
Holes, Rips and Punctures
A puncture can be caused by stones, glass or other debris on the road. In the event of a serious puncture, your tyre may need replacing.. If your tyre is punctured, you will notice some of the following symptoms depending on which tyre it is:
- Your vehicle suddenly becomes difficult to steer.
- Your vehicle steers to the left or right as if it is being pulled in that direction.
- Your vehicle suddenly swerves to the left or right.
- You may feel an unusual vibration through the steering wheel, and hear a repetitive noise from the deflated tyre.
It is really important to safely pull over if you suspect you have a flat tyre for the following reasons:
- For the safety of you and your passengers
- To try to save the tyre from being destroyed
- To save you wheel rim from being damaged or destroyed
What tyres are right for me?
At Grimmer Motors, we can work with you to help source thr right tyres for your vehicle. Below are some of the things you should consider:
Buy New Car Tyres in Hamilton
At Grimmer Motors, you can purchase new tyres for your vehicle. Our team of skilled mechanics can then remove your old tyre(s) and apply the new balanced tyres to your vehicle. This will allow you to remain safe on the road.
We offer a variety of tyre-related services for all vehicles, regardless of their make and model. These include:
- Tyre Replacement
- Puncture Repair
- Tyre Rotation
- Wheel Balancing
For quick, reliable tyre replacement in Hamilton, contact Grimmer Motors today.