Warrant of Fitness (WOF) for diesel vehicles:
Just like petrol vehicles, diesel-powered cars also need a Warrant of Fitness once every year or six months (depending on their age). Along with a valid road users licence, a Warrant of Fitness is required in order to legally drive your diesel car, ute or van in New Zealand.
Diesel vehicles give off more emissions than petrol vehicles. For this reason, extra care should be taken when examining the exhaust. A different engine configuration also requires a specific set of skills and experience in order to perform a WOF inspection accurately. That’s where we come in.
At Grimmer Motors, we provide Warrant of Fitness (WOF) testing for all sorts of light diesel vehicles such as cars, utes, small trucks and vans. We pride ourselves on being a trustworthy workshop and providing honest results following your WOF test.
What does a Diesel Warrant of Fitness cover?
A Warrant of Fitness covers the following things:
- Checking brake operation
- Checking tyre condition and tread depth
- Examining the structural condition of the vehicle (rust is not allowed in certain areas)
- Checking that all car lights are working properly
- Checking the windscreen
- Checking the windscreen washers and wipers
- Making sure all the doors work correctly
- Making sure safety features such as seatbelts and airbags are in good condition and working correctly
- Making sure the speedometer and odometer work correctly
- Examining the steering and suspension system
- Checking the exhaust for leaks and/or excessive noise
- Checking the fuel system for leaks
- and much more
Diesel Warrant of Fitness repairs in Hamilton
In the event that your vehicle fails a Warrant of Fitness inspection, we offer convenient services and part replacements for your car, ute or van. These repairs will allow your vehicle to comply with New Zealand’s WOF requirements. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of brake pads, discs, and other components
- Replacement and installation of lights that comply with NZ WOF standards
- Servicing and fixing your vehicle’s engine and emissions system
- Replacement of failed steering and suspension components
- Replacement of tyres
Diesel Vehicle Warrant of Witness (WOF) Testing in Hamilton
At Grimmer Motors, we provide honest, accurate and reliable WOF testing for your diesel-powered vehicle.
Why choose Grimmer Motors?
- Grimmer Motors provides an independent, accurate Warrant of Fitness examination. The results are honest and accurate.
- Our technicians have experience with inspecting and repairing all sorts of diesel vehicles, including utes, vans and cars.
- You’re welcome to come in for a coffee, tea or water and read a magazine. Kids are welcome too.