Sorry, we no longer offer this service.
About child safety seat restraints
Under New Zealand law, any child under 7 years old must use an appropriate safety seat restraint when in a moving vehicle. This keeps the child safe. There are various types of safety seats that suit children of different ages. These include:
- Baby capsules (for infants)
- Car seats (for toddlers and pre-school children)
- Booster seats (for pre-school and school-aged children)
At Grimmer Motors, we can help you install and choose the correct seat for your child. Our mechanics have lots of experience installing car seats safely and securely in a wide range of vehicles. With Grimmer Motors, you can be assured your child is safe when we install seats or safety restraints.
See below a list of required seats for each age.
Child age conditions:
- Infants (0-6 months):
- Children must use a rear-facing child restraint in the back seat of the vehicle.
- Toddlers (6 months to 4 years):
- Children must use an appropriate child restraint, such as a rear-facing or forward-facing car seat with a five-point harness, in the back seat.
- Preschoolers (4-7 years):
- Children must use an appropriate child restraint, which can include a forward-facing car seat with a five-point harness or a booster seat with a properly adjusted lap and diagonal seat belt.
- School-aged children (7 years and older):
- Children should use a booster seat until they are tall enough to use an adult seat belt safely. It is recommended that children use a booster seat until they are at least 148 cm tall.
- General Rules:
- Children under 7 years of age must be secured in an approved child restraint appropriate for their age and size.
- Children aged 7 must be secured in either an approved child restraint or use an adult seat belt if they are tall enough.
Car seat tether point installation
Most modern car seats include a tether. This tether must be mounted to a tether point on the car’s seat so that it remains stable. At Grimmer Motors, we can install a tether point in your car’s back seat so that you can correctly and safely install a car seat.
Child safety seat installation in Hamilton
In some cases, correctly installing a child safety seat can be difficult. At Grimmer Motors, one of our experienced and qualified mechanics can fit your car seat, saving you the time and hassle. We are a family-friendly mechanic, meaning we are happy to help with all car seat problems. Give us a call to book your child safety seat fitting today.
We have plenty of experience in installing safety seats and restraints. This allows you to have peace of mind while driving that your child’s seat is secured correctly.
For family-friendly vehicle services in Hamilton, contact Grimmer Motors today!